Chocolate Dessert Hummus Recipe
Looking for something a little different to get your chocolate fix? Inspired by our Wellbeing Double Chocolate Brownie bar, this Chocolate Hummus is not only vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free but also low in sugar. Packed with the goodness of black beans, peanut butter, and natural sweeteners, this creamy delight will satisfy your chocolate cravings without compromising your health goals.
- 15oz black beans (cooked or canned, washed)
- 3oz Liquid Sweetener (Date Syrup, Agave, Maple Syrup, etc.)
- 2oz Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tbsp Non-Dairy Milk of Choice
- Put black beans, liquid sweetener, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and vanilla extract into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Scrape the sides of the food processor and slowly add non-dairy milk until the desired creamy consistency is reached.
- Transfer the chocolate hummus to a bowl and garnish it according to your preference. We recommend using chocolate chips for that extra indulgence!
How to Serve:
- Pair it with fresh strawberries and apples for a delightful fruit platter.
- Dunk your favourite biscuits for a heavenly snack experience.
- Spread it on toast for a chocolatey twist to your breakfast.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days, maintaining its freshness and flavour. For longer shelf life, freeze the chocolate hummus in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Simply thaw it in the refrigerator before serving for a quick and tasty treat.
Embrace the goodness of wholesome ingredients and treat yourself to the rich, chocolatey goodness of our Chocolate Dessert Hummus. It's the perfect way to satisfy your sweet cravings while staying true to your healthy lifestyle!